The Central Algoma Freshwater Coalition (CAFC) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the protection, improvement and restoration of the watersheds throughout the Central Algoma Region, a region that stretches from the easterly boundary of Sault Ste. Marie to the easterly boundary of the Municipality of Huron Shores (including St. Joseph Island).
Everyone wants a healthy water system including:
- ground water - clean drinking water for rural watershed residents
- surface water - for sustainable human use for non-drinking water purposes
- protection of the public from flooding and erosion
- healthy terrestrtial and aquatic ecosysytems
- surface water that contributes to the health of Lake Huron
The best way to achieve these objectives are:
- by supporting continuous community based improvements in water quality and environmental condition
- by using best practices to manage human activities within the watershed so that natural resources can be protected and enhanced for future generations, while reflecting the social context and economy of the community
- by supporting CAFC by becoming a member or consider joining the CAFC Board.